Saturday, July 9, 2011

Do you have to have a roommate at a college apartment complex?

I spent my first year of college in an apartment with a girl who I had absolutely nothing in common with. They give you random roommate matches (which sucks) if you can't find anyone to stay with. It was sad, we never spoke and would just stay in our rooms all day unless we went out on our own. Unfortunately the rent is over $800 plus utilities. Normally you split that with your roommate. But in all honesty I do not want a roommate at all this year. I've made my own friends who I love in college, but I really don't want to live with another stranger. I heard in some cases that if your not able to find a roomie, the owners of the complex will not make you pay the entire rent and utilities cost, and you only pay the amount that you usually split. They don't want to kick anyone out of the apartments if they do not have another person to live with because they want the money. Has anyone out there who is reading this been able to stay in college apartments by themselves with no roommates and only pay half the rent with the owners of the property taking care of the rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment