Thursday, July 14, 2011

Do you have any horrible restaurant stories?

A few years ago I was driving across the US when I stopped at a tiny place in Missouri for lunch. I walked inside to find a dull, but, unsurprising room with a few fake plants and uncomfortable seats. I ordered a bacon, turkey and tomato sandwich from a waitress that was either a mute or didn't speak English. The sandwich came with a side of chips that were stale. I bit into the sandwich after deciding against the chips to have my mouth filled with what tasted like vomit. The tomato was rancid. I spat it out looked at the waitress, realizing there was no recourse for me to take with her I left a $10 on the counter and walked out. I Googled the restaurant name recently to find that it had been shut down after its owner was arrested for making meth in a shed out back.

No comments:

Post a Comment