Sunday, July 10, 2011

DNS server problem PLEASE HELP!!!?

I am using a sony vaio vgn-nw240f laptop with Windows 7 on a wireless connection with a linksys router. It worked fine until last night when it started telling me that the webpage could not be displayed due to a DNS server error in google chrome, IE worked intermittently however. I have changed my preferred DNS server to 208.67.222.222 and my alternate DNS server to 208.67.220.220, this allows chrome to work intermittently although it is incredibly slow, will not load my facebook apps or any browser games and webpages only display after repeatedly reloading them. The other laptop in the house, running windows xp is working ok. I really have to get this fixed and have been searching all day to find a fix without luck. Also, I can't access the routers setup page, when I do it asks for a password and my room mate insists that there is no password. What else can I do?! I have tried turning off the modem and router and rebooting them without luck. My computer installed updates last night and I can only assume that it has something to do with that but I don't know how to fix it. I also tried turning off my firewall but that didn't fix anything either. Please, someone, help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment